List:MySQL ODBC« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Peter Prinzen Date:November 3 2006 1:21pm
Subject:String length of SQl-Statements, creating table
View as plain text
Hi,

I'm creating a table with ADO and ODBC, and use therefor a CONExecute
"SQL..." w SQL="CREATE TABLE /*!32300 IF NOT EXISTS*/  test.table `ID`
INTEGER UNSIGNED NOT NULL AUTO_INCREMENT, ...". No problem so far, but
two questions: When I create a more complicated table, I get an error,
I guess because the SQL-string is too long. Are there any limits?
Another point: How can I create and ALTER an existing table, to create
the table column after column? Are there any functions to get a list
of existing columns?

The last one: I copied the "CREATE TABLE /*!32300 IF NOT EXISTS*/
from soem other i-net forum. But I would like to know the meaning of
"/*!32300 IF NOT EXISTS*/ ". Any hints here?

Thanks a lot

Peter
Thread
String length of SQl-Statements, creating tablePeter Prinzen3 Nov
  • Re: String length of SQl-Statements, creating tablePeter Harvey4 Nov
    • Re: String length of SQl-Statements, creating tablePeter Prinzen4 Nov
      • Re: String length of SQl-Statements, creating tablePeter Harvey4 Nov
  • RE: String length of SQl-Statements, creating tableAl McNicoll8 Nov