List:MySQL ODBC« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Al McNicoll Date:November 3 2006 10:52am
Subject:Re: MySQL Connector/ODBC 5.0.6 BETA has been released
View as plain text
Dear Jess, Mark (and all),

Firstly: thanks for the much improved communication and regular releases of
MyODBC. I think we're all grateful to hear what's going on and get our teeth
into testing releases.

Further to Daniel Kasak's problem with 5.0.5, I have a similar issue with
5.0.6 BETA.

- XP Home SP2
- AMD Athlon XP
- 1GB RAM
- Office Professional 2003
- MDAC 2.8 SP1 (see attached file from Microsoft's MDAC checker)

I can correctly set up a system DSN now (ie the System-DSN-becomes-User-DSN
problem is fixed for me in 5.0.6b) but Access 2003, when asked to link
tables via a 5.0.6 DSN, gives:

Reserved Error (-7711); there is no message for this error.
[OK]

The Linked Table Manager then stops trying to link further tables.

I get the same error if I try to run a pass-through query using the v5.0.6b
DSN.

I knew how to set up logging on 3.51.12 but as there's no flag for it on the
5.0.6b DSN setup form I don't know how to log more information with this
release. If you need to know more, please provide instructions on how I can
find out what you need to know (I'm afraid I can't compile a debug build
from source files if that's what's required - I simply don't have the time
or expertise).

Regards,

Al McNicoll
Integritec Limited