List:MySQL ODBC« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Daniel Kasak Date:October 23 2006 1:39am
Subject:Re: MySQL Connector/ODBC 5.0.5 has been released
View as plain text
Mark Matthews wrote:

> Hello ODBC Users,
>
> Connector/ODBC v5.0.5 (the first BETA release) has been released.

> The driver is feature complete, and has started going through internal
> testing. At this time it is known to be able to link tables in Microsoft
> Access and perform some ADO-related functionality.

I've just installed this driver ( run batch script 'Install 0' ). I have
a number of problems ...

Firstly, I set up a new *System* DSN ( because this has traditionally
been the only type of connection I could make work ), but it didn't
appear in the ODBC manager under 'System DSN' ... it appeared under
'User DSN'. At the moment, I consider this problem to be merely
cosmetic, but could be causing other problems down the line.

Next, I go to MS Access, link tables, select the new DSN, select a
table, and get the error:

> Reserved error (-7749); there is no message for this error. [ OK / Help ]

If I instead try to link a view, I get:

> The Microsoft Jet database engine could not find the object
> 'VIEW_NAME'. Make sure the object exists and that you spell its name
> and the path name correctly.

I haven't bothered making ODBC trace log thingy yet, but can if someone
wants them.

I'm using:

- Windows 2000 SP4 and all Windows Updates
- MS Office XP ( Access 2002 ) with SP3
- MDAC 2.8
- msjet40.dll 4.0.8618.0
- MySQL-5.0.22