List:MySQL ODBC« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Mogens Lunde Date:October 17 2006 4:23pm
Subject:Re: MySQL Connector/ODBC 5.0.5 has been released
View as plain text
I tried at the last release and also this one, but has never got any
further than to trying to create an ODBC connection: Crash #¤#"%&!!

"odbcad32.exe has encountered a problem ans needs to close. We are sorry
for the inconvenience"
AppName: odbcad32.exe AppVer: 3.525.1117.0 ModName: Unknown, ModVer:
0.0.0.0 OffSet: 00c14220-
And then a one kilometer long error report where you can't copy/paste from.

Seems to me as if this product is not nearly ready for beta testing.

Frank Maas wrote:
> On 10/17/06, Mark Matthews <mark@stripped> wrote:
>> Connector/ODBC v5.0.5 (the first BETA release) has been released. You no
>> longer need to have Connector/ODBC 3.51 installed (however this release
>> can co-exist with a 3.51 installation), as this version now uses its own
>> setup library unlike prior ALPHA releases.
>
>> The driver is feature complete, and has started going through internal
>> testing. At this time it is known to be able to link tables in Microsoft
>> Access and perform some ADO-related functionality. Our goals for
>> internal testing are to cover the set of applications that are most used
>> with MySQL and ODBC, including Microsoft Office applications (including
>> Access), Crystal Reports, ADO and OleDB.
>>
>> With this release we're asking the user community to give detailed
>> feedback on which applications do not work with the driver, as we don't
>> have access to all possible combinations of MDAC, Microsoft Office
>> service pack and hotfix combinations for our own internal testing. We're
>> also especially interested in results from testing in-house or
>> commercial applications that don't have widespread availability.
>

> Guys. First of all: congratulations with this new release, it is
> another step forward. But... I'd like to know how much of a step. I
> see 19 verified bugs in the ODBC section that name 5.0. Some of them
> are obviously 3.51 related, but at least two are mine and thus 5.0.4.
> One of those two still pertains in this new version (even if it was
> reported back in July), given the new bug report 23375.
> As I have said before: I am happy to go bug-hunting, but I see not
> much feedback on this. I have not seen any progress report (neither in
> the list, nor in the publication of the new version and not even in
> the buglist) and this new version clearly still contains at least one
> older bug. My other bug described the problem of not being able to
> call stored procedures, which for me is rather important. Does 5.0.5
> solve #20963? If not, then installing it (for me) is useless.
>
> Once again: I admire your work and I know this is an open source
> project. The only thing I am stressing is that the (at least my)
> willingness to participate is heavily correlated with the amount of
> feedback and sense of being heard.
>
> Regards,
>
> Frank

Thread
MySQL Connector/ODBC 5.0.5 has been releasedMark Matthews17 Oct
  • Re: MySQL Connector/ODBC 5.0.5 has been releasedFrank Maas17 Oct
    • Re: MySQL Connector/ODBC 5.0.5 has been releasedMogens Lunde17 Oct
  • Re: MySQL Connector/ODBC 5.0.5 has been releasedDaniel Kasak23 Oct
    • Re: MySQL Connector/ODBC 5.0.5 has been releasedJess Balint23 Oct
      • Re: MySQL Connector/ODBC 5.0.6 BETA has been releasedAl McNicoll3 Nov