List:MySQL ODBC« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Martin J. Evans Date:August 2 2006 7:11am
Subject:Re: Question about access to MySQL through MyODBC on Linux.
View as plain text
Minnyo Hong wrote:
> Thank you for your reply.
>
> I think it is the best way to use MySQL APIs to connect MySQL.
> There are reasons I need to use ODBC.
>
> 1. I need to build an application to connect to several DBMSs with minimize
> changing source codes.
> 2. MySQL APIs are stars with 'mysql_' so they are dependent to MySQL.
> 3. I need to reuse my source codes to connect several DBMSs.
>
> According to your reply, I guess MyODBC does not have standard C++ or C ODBC
> functions. It looks like MyODBC supports C#, VB, and Java not C or C++.
>
> Am I right? I need to clear this.

Look for myodbc - it is an odbc driver for mysql.
ODBC is a C API so accessing from C++ is fine.

Martin

> Thank you.
>
> Minnyo Hong

Question about access to MySQL through MyODBC on Linux.Minnyo Hong26 Jul
  • RE: Question about access to MySQL through MyODBC on Linux.Steve Orton26 Jul
RE: Question about access to MySQL through MyODBC on Linux.jbonnett2 Aug
  • RE: Question about access to MySQL through MyODBC on Linux.Minnyo Hong2 Aug
    • Re: Question about access to MySQL through MyODBC on Linux.Martin J. Evans2 Aug