List:MySQL ODBC« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Peter Harvey Date:July 4 2006 8:00pm
Subject:Re: MyODBC 3.51.12 automatically resetting connection parameters
View as plain text
Daniel Kasak wrote:

>Onno Broekmans wrote:
>

>>Hello,
>>
>>Today, I installed MyODBC 3.51.12 on a Windows XP computer to access a
>>*remote* MySQL database through Microsoft Access 2002 (XP). Testing the
>>connection works perfectly.
>>
>>However, when I try to access the database through Access, MyODBC pops up
>>a login form. On this login form (which is the same as the "Configure Data
>>Source Name" dialog) everything is grayed out, except the username and
>>password.
>>

>In the ODBC administration thing in Windows, make sure you set up your
>connection under 'System DSN'. Neither 'User DSN' nor 'File DSN' have
>ever worked for me. Perhaps another one for the 'working with MS Access'
>tips page?

Also; try 3.51.13....

ftp.mysql.com/pub/mysql/hidden/connectors

Peter

Thread
MyODBC 3.51.12 automatically resetting connection parametersOnno Broekmans3 Jul
  • Re: MyODBC 3.51.12 automatically resetting connection parametersDaniel Kasak4 Jul
    • Re: MyODBC 3.51.12 automatically resetting connection parametersPeter Harvey4 Jul
  • RE: MyODBC 3.51.12 automatically resetting connection parametersAl McNicoll5 Jul