List:MySQL ODBC« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Onno Broekmans Date:July 3 2006 1:24pm
Subject:MyODBC 3.51.12 automatically resetting connection parameters
View as plain text
Hello,

Today, I installed MyODBC 3.51.12 on a Windows XP computer to access a
*remote* MySQL database through Microsoft Access 2002 (XP). Testing the
connection works perfectly.

However, when I try to access the database through Access, MyODBC pops up
a login form. On this login form (which is the same as the "Configure Data
Source Name" dialog) everything is grayed out, except the username and
password. The strange thing is, that on the login form, the "host"
parameter is reset to "localhost"! Pressing OK makes MyODBC fail to
connect --- which makes sense, since there's no MySQL installed on
localhost.

Summarizing: it seems that MyODBC automatically resets "host" to
"localhost", instead of the original setting, upon Access trying to
initiate the connection.

Is this a bug? Is there a workaround?

Thanks in advance!

Yours sincerely,

Onno

Thread
MyODBC 3.51.12 automatically resetting connection parametersOnno Broekmans3 Jul
  • Re: MyODBC 3.51.12 automatically resetting connection parametersDaniel Kasak4 Jul
    • Re: MyODBC 3.51.12 automatically resetting connection parametersPeter Harvey4 Jul
  • RE: MyODBC 3.51.12 automatically resetting connection parametersAl McNicoll5 Jul