List:MySQL ODBC« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Nagesh Sharvari-A21337 Date:May 27 2006 6:33am
Subject:stored procedures with out parameters
View as plain text
Hello,
    I am using myodbc with unixODBC. I have downloaded myodbc for
solaris.
now, I am facing problems executing stored procedures with out
parameters.
I am using the example shown in stored procedure section of MySQL
reference manual :

CREATE PROCEDURE simpleproc (OUT param1 INT)

BEGIN

SELECT COUNT(*) INTO param1 FROM t;

END;

 my C code to access stored procedure:

strcpy(stmt, "call simpleproc(?)") ;
 rc = SQLPrepare(hstmt,stmt,SQL_NTS);

and binding an integer parameter, id to the statment :

SQLINTEGER id;
rc= SQLBindParameter(hstmt, 1, SQL_PARAM_OUTPUT, SQL_C_LONG,
SQL_INTEGER, 0, 0, &id, 0, NULL);

rc=SQLExecute(hstmt);
if ((rc != SQL_SUCCESS) && (rc != SQL_SUCCESS_WITH_INFO))
{
   printf("Error in call to stored procedure %d\n",rc);
   SQLGetDiagRec(SQL_HANDLE_STMT, hstmt,1, stat,&err,msg,100,&mlen);
   printf("%s (%d)\n State : %s \n",msg,err, stat);
}

When I compile and run this program, I get the following error.

Connected !
Error in call to stored procedure -1
[MySQL][ODBC 3.51 Driver][mysqld-5.0.19-standard]OUT or INOUT argument 1
for routine test.simplepro (1414)
 State : HYT00

Initially I thought State: HYT00, is something related to timeout. so
changed the statement attribute and changed the timeout period. but that
also doesn't help
I even tried the "?=call simpleproc()" but this gives syntax error.

I spoke to unixODBC people also, they are saying, the problem is in
myodbc.
so please help me.

thanks and regards
sharari

Thread
stored procedures with out parametersNagesh Sharvari-A2133727 May
RE: stored procedures with out parametersNagesh Sharvari-A2133729 May
  • Re: stored procedures with out parametersDaniel Kasak30 May