List:MySQL ODBC« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Martin J. Evans Date:May 25 2006 8:13am
Subject:RE: powerbuilder application running in Linux connecting to mysql
View as plain text
On 24-May-2006 Gestalt Consulting Inc. wrote:
> I have a powerbuilder program using MYSQL database running on a linux box.
> When the program is ran in the windows operating system, it uses a predefined
> DSN to connect to the database. The problem is that when i run the program in
> Linux, I cannot connect to the database even if i already installed MyODBC. I
> even tested the connection of the DSN I created in the Linux box and it is
> successful. However, when I ran the program in Linux, I am getting this
> message : " The allocation of the environment handle failed."
>
> thank you for your help
>

> JAY

There is probably some sort of environment variable you need to set up and
export before you run your application - I'd check your powerbuilder docs for
linux. What ODBC driver manager are you using? If it is unixODBC you can add:

[ODBC]
TraceFile               = /tmp/sql.log
Trace           = yes

to the top of your odbcinst.ini file and it may log further information in
/tmp/sql.log.

Martin
--
Martin J. Evans
Easysoft Ltd, UK

Thread
powerbuilder application running in Linux connecting to mysqlGestalt Consulting Inc.25 May
  • RE: powerbuilder application running in Linux connecting to mysqlMartin J. Evans25 May