List:MySQL ODBC« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Randall Price Date:April 27 2006 2:23pm
Subject:RE: VIEW not working with myODBC in XP and Access 2003
View as plain text
Hello,

I also have not tried using MySQL views in Access but I have done it
before using MSSQL and other databases.  So, like John B. below, I
wanted to try this out.

I am using:
	Windows XP Pro SP2
	MySQL 5.0.18-nt
	MySQL ODBC 3.51.12.00
	MDAC 2.8 SP1 on Windows XP SP2
	Access 2003 (11.6566.6568) SP2

I created a view in MySQL Server and verified it is working.  Then I
launched Access and created a new blank database.  I created a new ODBC
System data source using MySQL ODBC and verified it connects.  Then in
Access I linked in all the tables and this new (and only) view from
MySQL database (selecting the save password checkbox in the link tables
dialog in Access).  The view prompted for a unique key when linking but
I clicked Cancel on that.  All the tables and this view show up in
Access as linked.

So I open each table and all tables except one are displaying the MySQL
data fine.  That one is showing #Deleted in each column.  This is the
only large table I have, the other ones are less than 100 records but
this one has 25000 records.  Don't know if that is the problem here.

Now, I try to open the view and I get the same error as Daevid Vincent
is getting below:

	"Could not execute query; could not find linked table"

So what does this mean -- I'm not sure but I am using a lower version of
MySQL than what both John B. and Daevid Vincent are using.

Just wanted to through my 2-cents in on this and see if others are able
to make this work.

Thanks,
--Randall Price