List:MySQL ODBC« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Daniel Kasak Date:April 27 2006 12:25am
Subject:Re: VIEW not working with myODBC in XP and Access 2003
View as plain text
Daevid Vincent wrote:
> I can import/link any other non-VIEW table.
>
> I've given FULL permissions to my ODBC user in mysql.mysql.user (and other
> appropriate) places just in case.
>
> Access pops up an error box that says "Could not execute query; could not
> find linked table"

I've done some *limited* testing of MySQL-5.0.x with Access. From
memory, it ( views, not stored procedures ) worked OK for me. To be
honest, I can't remember whether I linked the view as you do with normal
tables or not. I assume you can select from the view in the 'mysql'
command-line client thing? You can try creating a pass-through query
query and putting in the SQL:

select * from SOME_VIEW;

I uninstalled MySQL-5.0.x a fair while back, so I can't do any further
testing at the moment, but if you can't get the above pass-through
method to work, then you are *really* out of luck.

Also keep in mind that version 3.51.12 of MyODBC has some issues. There
was a link posted a fair while back to a 3.51.12-2 version which seems
to work well for those who tested it. Otherwise I think most people are
waiting on the all-new 5.0 release ( of MyODBC ), which will add support
for MySQL.5.0.x.

--
Daniel Kasak
IT Developer