List:MySQL ODBC« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Daniel Kasak Date:March 9 2006 10:55pm
Subject:Re: Connector/ODBC 3.51.13
View as plain text
Peter Harvey wrote:

>> OK. Scratch that part about 'good enough to use'.
>>
> Dan,
>
> Sorry about that experience.

That's OK. I knew I was installing development software. I was just
venting because I'd had a difficult hour - and also warning others who
might hit the same problem. I certainly don't blame you.

> This is going to be my priority tomorrow from the looks of things so
> any info you can pass on would be good. I would expect that it can be
> resolved by end of the day tomorrow - will see.
>
> The regular ODBC log/trace may be of particular interest. The ODBC
> calls which MS Access causes can sometimes be surprising.

An ODBC log is up at: http://www.nusconsulting.com.au/SQL.LOG

Sorry about the delay. I originally attached it, and eventually got a
message back that it was too big. When I switched to a different
Access database shell, I triggered it pretty much first go. I can't
really explain why I can't make our other Access db crash, but anyway, I
hope this has the info you're after. The last command in the log is
"show status like 'Connections'". I've got an invisible form that
regularly does this - we use this to keep the connection alive. Without
it, if you leave Access inactive for an extended period of time, it
crashes. I'm actually pretty sure that this was fixed by an update to
the MS Jet driver, but the code is still in place just in case ( it also
doubled as a nice MySQL status bar updater thing, but this is also doing
some whacky stuff ( instead of fetching actual status indicators, I'm
just getting a series of 'box outline' characters ) after upgrading the
server from 4.0.x to 4.1.x. It's possible that this is the cause of the
problem, but I doubt it somehow - I'm mentioning it just in case.

I had hoped that Access would offer a crash log when it died, but it
only displays the info ( ie the stuff that it's going to send to
Microsoft ) on-screen ... it doesn't let you copy & paste :(

Thanks for your help Peter :)

--
Daniel Kasak
IT Developer

Connector/ODBC 3.51.13Peter Harvey9 Mar
  • Re: Connector/ODBC 3.51.13Daniel Kasak9 Mar
    • Re: Connector/ODBC 3.51.13Daniel Kasak9 Mar
      • Re: Connector/ODBC 3.51.13Peter Harvey9 Mar
        • Re: Connector/ODBC 3.51.13Daniel Kasak9 Mar
          • Re: Connector/ODBC 3.51.13Martin J. Evans10 Mar