List:MySQL ODBC« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Daniel Kasak Date:March 9 2006 5:49am
Subject:Re: Connector/ODBC 3.51.13
View as plain text
Daniel Kasak wrote:
>  I will of course report any issues I have, but I'd say this ( stored
> proc support ) is at least good enough for people to test with - if
> not use.
OK. Scratch that part about 'good enough to use'.

I installed 3.51.13 on one production desktop, and have spent the last
hour repairing damage done :(
This driver still crashes Access intermittently. I get about 2 - 3
minutes of use out of it. I have put logging into our Access app to see
where exactly it's crashing. The bad news is that it doesn't seem to be
anywhere in particular. I expected to see it crash every time it queried
MySQL, but in fact it's crashing at any old time - when it's querying
SQL Server, or even when it's just refreshing information from local (
Access ) temporary tables ( I grab data from around the place, populate
Access tables, and then force the form to refresh ... the crashes aren't
even happening when I'm gathering data, but when I refresh from the
local tables ).

Reverting back to 3.51.12-2 fixes things completely ... HOWEVER ... this
is no easy task. The uninstaller doesn't ... uninstall things. And so
when you run the installer for 3.51.12-2, it complains that it can't
find the setup routines, and I get an Abort / Retry / Ignore dialog. I
have previously reported this issue, but didn't know what was causing
it. After a LOT of frigging around, Windows Updating, etc, I had a look
in the windows system folder, and found MySQL stuff still there! I
deleted them, and then was able to install 3.51.12-2 successfully ...
and now I am able to go home :)

Back to the drawing board? Sorry Peter. I'll get a crash log ( Access
crash log, and the ODBC trace log ) tomorrow from my dev box ( which
isn't crashing at the moment, by the way ).

Dan

--
Daniel Kasak
IT Developer