List:MySQL ODBC« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:David Dindorp Date:December 13 2005 2:52pm
Subject:RE: Some metadata functions not spotting mysql server is dead and disappearing tables
View as plain text
Martin J. Evans wrote:
> I was attempting to use perl DBI and the ping method to see if
> the myodbc connection was still working and discovered that in
> myodbc 3.51.12 (at least) ping always returns true.

Sounds a bit like the Perl version of this issue:
http://bugs.mysql.com/bug.php?id=14639 ?

Issue details:
The ConnectionState == open/closed mechanism in the .NET ODBC
classes (corresponds to DBD::ODBC ping) doesn't work anymore
after upgrading to 3.51.12.

.NET uses an SQL_ATTR_CONNECTION_DEAD call to the ODBC
driver to return the ConnectionState property's value.

Thread
Some metadata functions not spotting mysql server is dead and disappearing tablesMartin J. Evans13 Dec
RE: Some metadata functions not spotting mysql server is dead and disappearing tablesDavid Dindorp13 Dec
  • RE: Some metadata functions not spotting mysql server is dead and disappearing tablesMartin J. Evans13 Dec
RE: Some metadata functions not spotting mysql server is dead and disappearing tablesDavid Dindorp15 Dec
  • RE: Some metadata functions not spotting mysql server is dead and disappearing tablesMartin J. Evans15 Dec
RE: Some metadata functions not spotting mysql server is dead and disappearing tablesDavid Dindorp16 Dec