List:MySQL ODBC« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Peter Carter Date:January 10 2000 2:42pm
Subject:Re: BLOBs & MySQL (solaris) -> MyODBC (NT) via perl dbi:ODBC
View as plain text
on 1/10/00 6:24 AM, Flynn, Rick at RFlynn@stripped wrote:

> I am having problems returning BLOBs > 80 characters in length from MySQL on
> Solaris to MyODBC (using perl dbi:ODBC as a client).  Going by the error
> messages, MyODBC is truncating the data even though I've turned "Allow BIG
> Results" on.  I've trolled the list archives but haven't found anything that
> seemed to address this situation.  Can anyone shed light on this for me?
>
> As concisely as I can state the situation:
>
> - MySQL 3.23.8-alpha on Solaris 2.6
> - MyODBC 2.50.24 & 2.50.29 on NT 4.0 w/Allow BIG results turned on.
>
> - all BLOBs are returned correctly using the mysql client on NT (i.e. via
> TCP/IP) which I take as evidence that I am not having a problem with the
> size of max_allowed_packet
>
> - BLOBs <= 80 characters are returned correctly via MyODBC/perl dbi:ODBC
>
> - BLOBs > 80 characters give the following error when returned via
> MyODBC/perl dbi:ODBC
>
> DBD::ODBC::st fetchrow_array failed: [TCX][MyODBC]Data truncated
> (SQL-01004)(DBD: st_fetch/SQLFetch (long truncated) err=1) at (eval 53) line
> 2, <IN> chunk 48.
>
> I have attached copies of the MySQL variables and the myodbc.log file which
> shows the error.
>
> Any suggestions, comments, opinions, etc. on solving this problem?
>
> rick

Put your curser in readonly mode. This will create a "firehose" and read all
the data in. Sounds like your odbc in perl expects a server side cursor,
which would chunk the data.

Thread
BLOBs & MySQL (solaris) -> MyODBC (NT) via perl dbi:ODBCRick Flynn10 Jan
  • Re: BLOBs & MySQL (solaris) -> MyODBC (NT) via perl dbi:ODBCPeter Carter10 Jan
RE: BLOBs & MySQL (solaris) -> MyODBC (NT) via perl dbi:ODBCRick Flynn10 Jan
  • Re: BLOBs & MySQL (solaris) -> MyODBC (NT) via perl dbi:ODBCPeter Carter10 Jan