List:MySQL ODBC« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Martin J. Evans Date:November 2 2005 4:49pm
Subject:SQLForeignKeys result-set question
View as plain text
Hi,

I'm using mysql-connector-odbc-3.51.12. I have two tables "market" and
"markettypes" and market has a foreign key on column type which is column
markettype_id in the table marketypes. When I run SQLForeignKeys I get:

PKTABLE_CAT:PKTABLE_SCHEM:PKTABLE_NAME:PKCOLUMN_NAME:FKTABLE_CAT:FKTABLE_SCHEM:F
KTABLE_NAME:FKCOLUMN_NAME:KEY_SEQ:UPDATE_RULE:DELETE_RULE:FK_NAME:PK_NAME:DEFERR
ABILITY:
bet::markettype:`markettype_id`:bet::market:`type`:1:1:1:NULL:NULL:7:

The colon is the column separator here. My question is, why is the
PKCOLUMN_NAME and FKCOLUMN_NAME contents created with single quotes around the
name.

If I do:

mysql> select * from INFORMATION_SCHEMA.KEY_COLUMN_USAGE where table_name =
'market' and referenced_table_name is not null;
+--------------------+-------------------+-----------------+---------------+----
----------+------------+-------------+------------------+-----------------------
--------+-------------------------+-----------------------+---------------------
---+
| CONSTRAINT_CATALOG | CONSTRAINT_SCHEMA | CONSTRAINT_NAME | TABLE_CATALOG |
TABLE_SCHEMA | TABLE_NAME | COLUMN_NAME | ORDINAL_POSITION |
POSITION_IN_UNIQUE_CONSTRAINT | REFERENCED_TABLE_SCHEMA | REFERENCED_TABLE_NAME
| REFERENCED_COLUMN_NAME |
+--------------------+-------------------+-----------------+---------------+----
----------+------------+-------------+------------------+-----------------------
--------+-------------------------+-----------------------+---------------------
---+
| NULL               | bet               | market_ibfk_1   | NULL          |
bet          | market     | type        |                1 |
         1 | bet                     | markettype            | markettype_id

+--------------------+-------------------+-----------------+---------------+----
----------+------------+-------------+------------------+-----------------------
--------+-------------------------+-----------------------+---------------------
---+
1 row in set (0.00 sec)

The column names are without the single quotes.

I had a quick look in myodbc odbc driver code and could not spot anything doing
this.

Martin
--
Martin J. Evans
Easysoft Ltd, UK

Thread
SQLForeignKeys result-set questionMartin J. Evans2 Nov
RE: SQLForeignKeys result-set questionjbonnett6 Nov
  • RE: SQLForeignKeys result-set questionMartin J. Evans7 Nov
    • Re: SQLForeignKeys result-set questionNick Gorham8 Nov