List:MySQL ODBC« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Michael Widenius Date:January 4 2000 9:18pm
Subject:R) You doudt it bends cursor ?
View as plain text
>>>>> "marcio" == marcio faria <marcio.faria@stripped>
> writes:

marcio> I am using the following command:
marcio> string s_host, s_db
marcio> DECLARE teste CURSOR FOR
marcio> SELECT db.host, db.db
marcio> FROM db  ;
marcio> open teste; <error SQL>
marcio> FETCH teste INTO :s_host, :s_db ;

marcio> and it is presenting the following mistake:

marcio> SQLSTATE = IM001
marcio> [Microsoft][ODBC DLL] Driver does not support this function

marcio> Ps.: I am making these test with PowerBuilder, with ODBC.
marcio> Will it be that DLL's of ODBC that you/they are with old version cannot
marcio> be ?

marcio> at once thank you very much.

Hi!

To be able to help you we would need to know a lot more information about
what exactly happens between MySQL and MyODBC!

You can try to do a MyODBC trace file:

Bring up the MyODBC connect dialog, either from your program or using
the ODBC administrator, and set the option marked: 'Trace MyODBC'.
This will tell MyODBC to make a trace file in C:\myodbc.log that
contains lot of information that will help you (and us) to debug the problem.

Check the queries that MyODBC sends to the MySQL server;  You should be able
to find this by searching after ">mysql_real_query".
Try duplicating the queries in the MySQL monitor to find out if the error is
MyODBC or MySQL.

If you find out something is wrong, please only send the relevant rows (max 40 rows) to
the myodbc@stripped;  Not the whole MyODBC trace file !

If you are unable to find out whats wrong, the last option is to make a MyODBC
trace file + a standard ODBC SQL log file and send both of these,
together with a README file that explains the problem, to:

ftp://www.mysql.com/pub/mysql/secret

(Only we at TCX will have access to the files you upload and we will be very
discrete with the data!)

If you can create a program that also shows this problem, please
upload this too!

If the program works with some other SQL server, you should make a SQL LOG
file where you do exactly the same thing in the other SQL server.

Remember that the more information you can supply to us, the more
likely it is that we can fix the problem!

Regards,
Monty
Thread
You doudt it bends cursor ?marcio.faria4 Jan
  • You doudt it bends cursor ?Michael Widenius4 Jan
    • R) You doudt it bends cursor ?marcio.faria4 Jan
      • R) You doudt it bends cursor ?Michael Widenius5 Jan