List:MySQL ODBC« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:David Carlson Date:March 11 1999 7:33pm
Subject:ODBC, mySQL and SSH
View as plain text
I maintain our mySQL database remotely using Access & ODBC from my Win95
machine. It works well, but I would like to increase the security of the
connection.

We have installed SSH on our Linux server, and I can log in using SSH Client
from my Win95 machine. The SSH client was obtained from
http://www.doc.ic.ac.uk/~ci2/ssh/

Has anyone figured out how to get Access and ODBC to tunnel through to a
Linux server via SSH? Do I need to make any changes to SSH server, or is it
all set up on the WIN95 client side?

Once I am able to do this, is the entire session encrypted, or just the
login sequence & password?

Thanks in advance,

David

Thread
ODBC, mySQL and SSHDavid Carlson11 Mar
  • Re: ODBC, mySQL and SSHJeff Oliver11 Mar
    • RE: ODBC, mySQL and SSHDavid Carlson12 Mar
    • Re: mysql & visual Java++ proHans Wolters31 Mar
  • Re: mysql & visual Java++ proADIB MOTIWALA31 Mar
Re: mysql & visual Java++ proRoger Cooper31 Mar
RE: mysql & visual Java++ proBrian Huddleston1 Apr