List:Message API« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Tobias Stocker Date:January 30 2009 3:19pm
Subject:New to the message API and have some questions
View as plain text
Hy there,

I'm new to the message API and Spread Toolkit and thereto I have some questions. My Spread
setup works and I can exchange messages. I'm planning to build some kind of partial
replication with two mysql servers.

I understand how I can send a message to a group on server A, and I know how to receive a
message on server B. Is there a way to autmaticaly receive messaged on server B and
launch some actions (statement, procedure etc.)? If I understand everything right, what
I'm not so sure about, I can only receive messages by calling the recv_mesg function, but
how can I call the function automaticaly if a messages is queued?

I hope my question is not too unclear.

Anyway, thanks in advance and regards
Tobi
Thread
New to the message API and have some questions Tobias Stocker30 Jan
  • Re: New to the message API and have some questionsJohn David Duncan30 Jan