List:Maria Storage Engine« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Michael Widenius Date:May 27 2008 8:46pm
Subject:re: change done in mysql-test/include/ps_conv.inc
View as plain text
Hi!

>>>>> "Guilhem" == Guilhem Bichot <guilhem@stripped> writes:

Guilhem> Hello Monty,
Guilhem> I'm looking at changes we did between 5.1 and Maria. You changed
Guilhem> ps_conv.inc like this:
Guilhem> === modified file 'mysql-test/include/ps_conv.inc'
Guilhem> --- mysql-test/include/ps_conv.inc	2005-08-25 03:55:48 +0000
Guilhem> +++ mysql-test/include/ps_conv.inc	2007-07-01 13:20:57 +0000
Guilhem> @@ -52,7 +52,7 @@
Guilhem>  set @arg14= NULL ;
Guilhem>  set @arg15= CAST('abc' as binary) ;
Guilhem>  set @arg15= NULL ;
Guilhem> -create table t5 as select
Guilhem> +eval create table t5 engine = MyISAM as select
Guilhem>    8                           as const01, @arg01 as param01,
Guilhem>    8.0                         as const02, @arg02 as param02,
Guilhem>    80.00000000000e-1           as const03, @arg03 as param03,

Guilhem> on Sun 2007-07-01 16:20:57 +0300

Guilhem> The comment says
Guilhem> "Enforce creation of table as MyISAM (to allow one to use
Guilhem> --default-storage-engine)"
Guilhem> This affects several tests, because ps_conv.inc is included in
Guilhem> multiple ps_* tests.
Guilhem> I have done similar changes myself, when the test was using
Guilhem> some feature which wouldn't work with Maria, like INSERT DELAYED or
Guilhem> MERGE tables. Here, I don't see such features used. Do you remember?
Guilhem> Could we remove "engine=MyISAM" ? This would increase test coverage of
Guilhem> --mysqld=--default-storage-engine=maria.

The reason for the above was to force the t5 table to be of type
MyISAM as otherwise you get too many not interesting conflicts in the
test suite when running with --default-storage-engine.  It's precisely
because this test is included in so many other tests that this change
was important. You get lost in so many-unimportant result changes
that you may miss some of the important ones.

I don't think that it's interesting to run this particular test with
any other engine than MyISAM as it will not increase coverage of a
single new line or single new interesting combination for any engine.

Regards,
Monty
Thread
change done in mysql-test/include/ps_conv.incGuilhem Bichot27 May
  • re: change done in mysql-test/include/ps_conv.incMichael Widenius27 May