I suggest you to use latest version of MariaDB i.e. 5.1.47 Lots of things
are fixed in this latest stable version. Still maria storage engine is beta
version. Maria is not stable enough to be used in production.
Check up the below things with the stable release 5.1.47
Krishna Chandra Prajapati
On Sat, Jun 26, 2010 at 2:32 AM, Time Less <timelessness@stripped> wrote:
> We're using MARIA for a project at Mozilla, and we're seeing massive table
> corruption*, so I thought I'd start asking questions.
> 1. What are the defaults for the storage engine?
> 2. How do I know what engine version I'm running?
> 3. Why does MARIA appear to MVCC?
> I look at my "show create table" output, and I see only "ENGINE=MARIA
> DEFAULT CHARSET=latin1 PAGE_CHECKSUM=1". What are the defaults from
> http://askmonty.org/wiki/Manual:Maria_storage_engine that are applied?
> What's the state of transactional, table_checksum, row_format?
> I'm running "Server version: 5.1.44-MariaDB-mariadb75 (MariaDB -
> http://mariadb.com/)" but "show engines" doesn't say what version of the
> MARIA engine I'm running. Are the versions now tied to the MariaDB release?
> I started two shells, and in one, I did "LOCK TABLES `wbo29` READ /*!32311
> LOCAL */ ;" as mysqldump would do, then in another shell I began inserting
> data. As I inserted it in the other shell, I could see it appear without
> waiting on the first shell, and if I SELECT in the first shell, I don't see
> the data inserted. After "UNLOCK TABLES" in the second shell, the data
> appear in the first. I can't find any documentation stating MARIA is
> transactional yet (it says TRANSACTIONAL really translates to crash-safe),
> so this confuses me.
> My plan:
> At this point I'm under the gun and considering ALTERing all tables to
> MyISAM to see if I can get some improved stability on the systems, but am
> wondering if there are some less drastic changes I can do to keep using
> MARIA engine. Preferably using only features that are more mature/tested.
> Any advice?
> * In case you are already familiar with our situation, this is different.
> Before we would do mysqldump of many MARIA tables, then the server would
> segfault, and several tables would be crashed afterward.
> Now the server isn't segfaulting (or restarting at all), but we're still
> seeing table corruption. The corruption manifests itself with messages in
> the errorlog like this: "*100625 13:19:48 [ERROR] mysqld: Table 'wbo89' is
> marked as crashed and should be repaired*" and "*100625 13:11:10 [Note]
> Found 306922 of 306923 rows when repairing './weave1/wbo46'*"
> When I repair tables, I see messages like this: "*weave5.wbo75 repair
> info Wrong CRC on datapage at 21823*".
> Queries against the tables will die with "sort aborted" errors.