List:Maria Storage Engine« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Michael Widenius Date:November 20 2008 1:18pm
Subject:Incompatible change in data file format for Maria
View as plain text

We are just about ready to declare the Maria engine as beta.  We are
feature complete but have a few bugs left to fix before we can do a
beta release. Optimistic ETA for beta is 1-2 weeks.

Please add to the Maria manual the following:

(I just added this to the KNOWN_BUGS.txt file in the Maria tree):

If you have been using a MySQL-5.1-Maria-alpha build and upgrading to
MySQL-5.1-Maria-beta you MUST run maria_chk --zerofill on all your
Maria tables.  This is because we made an incompatible change of how
transaction id is stored and old transaction id's must be reset!

cd mysql-data-directory
maria_chk --zerofill */*.MAI

As the Maria-1.5 engine is now in beta we will do our best to not
introduce any incompatible changes in the data format for the Maria
tables; If this would be ever be needed, we will, if possible, support
both the old and the new version to make upgrades as easy as possible.

PS: This also affects anyone using Maria tables before MySQL-6.0.9
Incompatible change in data file format for MariaMichael Widenius20 Nov
  • Re: Incompatible change in data file format for MariaGuilhem Bichot20 Nov