List:Maria Storage Engine« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Michael Widenius Date:November 20 2008 1:18pm
Subject:Incompatible change in data file format for Maria
View as plain text
Hi!

We are just about ready to declare the Maria engine as beta.  We are
feature complete but have a few bugs left to fix before we can do a
beta release. Optimistic ETA for beta is 1-2 weeks.

Please add to the Maria manual the following:

(I just added this to the KNOWN_BUGS.txt file in the Maria tree):

IMPORTANT:

If you have been using a MySQL-5.1-Maria-alpha build and upgrading to
MySQL-5.1-Maria-beta you MUST run maria_chk --zerofill on all your
Maria tables.  This is because we made an incompatible change of how
transaction id is stored and old transaction id's must be reset!

cd mysql-data-directory
maria_chk --zerofill */*.MAI

As the Maria-1.5 engine is now in beta we will do our best to not
introduce any incompatible changes in the data format for the Maria
tables; If this would be ever be needed, we will, if possible, support
both the old and the new version to make upgrades as easy as possible.

Regards,
Monty

PS: This also affects anyone using Maria tables before MySQL-6.0.9
Thread
Incompatible change in data file format for MariaMichael Widenius20 Nov
  • Re: Incompatible change in data file format for MariaGuilhem Bichot20 Nov