List:Maria Storage Engine« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Guilhem Bichot Date:October 15 2008 7:50pm
Subject:review of deadlock detector patch II
View as plain text
Hello,

If thread comes to waiting with timeout, in pthread_cond_timedwait()s of
wt_thd_timedwait(), will a "KILL QUERY" on this thread stop the wait? I
don't think so, because waiting_threads.c does not make use of
THD::enter_cond().

Some engines don't end the wait in such cases (InnoDB? still the case?).
On the other hand, Maria is maybe supposed to be more integrated in the
server than external engines, so could honour KILL QUERY.

PS: I'm sorry for sending the review in pieces like this, but it may be
better than giving you the full list of issues in one go much later.
Let me know if you wish me to copy those first comments already sent, in
to the final big review email.

--
Mr. Guilhem Bichot <guilhem@stripped>
Sun Microsystems / MySQL, Lead Software Engineer

Thread
review of deadlock detector patch IIGuilhem Bichot15 Oct