List:Maria Storage Engine« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Guilhem Bichot Date:October 11 2008 5:05pm
Subject:Re: timeout of waiting_threads-t on Windows
View as plain text
Hi,

Guilhem Bichot a écrit :

> Still I noticed something: tens of threads are in
>       res= wt_thd_cond_timedwait(& thds[id].thd, &lock);
> (waiting_threads-t.c:103) at the same moment. That means that they call
> pthread_cond_timedwait() with different conditions but with the same
> single mutex (the "lock" global one).
> I know that at least one cond with multiple mutexes is forbidden
> http://www.opengroup.org/onlinepubs/009695399/functions/pthread_cond_wait.html
>
> but here it's the opposite situation...

Which must be ok as page cache does this too.
Next thing I'll do, add owner info to rwlock struct on Windows, to know
who is blocking.

Thread
timeout of waiting_threads-t on WindowsGuilhem Bichot10 Oct
  • Re: timeout of waiting_threads-t on WindowsGuilhem Bichot11 Oct
  • Re: timeout of waiting_threads-t on WindowsSergei Golubchik13 Oct
    • Re: timeout of waiting_threads-t on WindowsGuilhem Bichot14 Oct
      • Re: timeout of waiting_threads-t on WindowsSergei Golubchik15 Oct
        • Re: timeout of waiting_threads-t on WindowsGuilhem Bichot15 Oct