List:Maria Storage Engine« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Michael Widenius Date:July 5 2008 6:45am
Subject:Re: Where to add waiting for another thread
View as plain text
Hi!

>>>>> "Guilhem" == Guilhem Bichot <guilhem@stripped> writes:

Guilhem> Hello,
Guilhem> On Sat, Jun 28, 2008 at 05:57:18PM +0300, Michael Widenius wrote:

>> Where to add wating for another thread in case of duplicate key error:

<cut>

Guilhem> Serg, do you understand: I see nothing about a unique key problem in
Guilhem> KNOWN_BUGS.txt, and I don't see how the wait you would add would
Guilhem> remove such problem, if such problem is the "big problem" above.

Here is the relevant text from KNOWN_BUGS.TXT:

- INSERT on a duplicate key against a key inserted by another connection
  that has not yet ended will give a duplicate key error instead of
  waiting for the other statement to end.

Guilhem> In this revision
Guilhem> monty@stripped
Guilhem> Monty disabled versioning if there is more than one unique index, I
Guilhem> think this is all related. Quite a severe limitation in my view,
Guilhem> interesting if Monty's text above suggests that you could lift it.

No, this can't be lifted for 1.5.  We need the new method of keeping
deleted keys and doing a purge of them at commit to be able to lift
this restriction.

Guilhem> I'm quite confused myself.

Regards,
Monty
Thread
Where to add waiting for another threadMichael Widenius28 Jun
  • Re: Where to add waiting for another threadGuilhem Bichot3 Jul
    • Re: Where to add waiting for another threadMichael Widenius5 Jul