List:MySQL and Java« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Cris Perdue Date:May 20 1999 4:19pm
Subject:Re: JDBC transactions
View as plain text
To add a few more comments, MySQL does not support transaction rollback
or isolation between different database connections, so the results of
updates, inserts and deletes immediately affect all future queries on
all connections. In other words, the MySQL drivers implement the
transaction primitives, as they must do, but MySQL doesn't provide any
interesting transactional behavior.

You can get some of the same important benefits by locking tables, but
there is nothing like "rollback" in MySQL.

-Cris

--
Cris Perdue
Impact Online, Inc.

Thread
JDBC transactionsJon Williams20 May
  • Re: JDBC transactionsChristian Mack20 May
  • Re: JDBC transactionsCris Perdue20 May