MySQL Connector/J 5.1.21, a maintenance release of the production 5.1
branch has been released. Connector/J is the Type-IV pure-Java JDBC
driver for MySQL.
Version 5.1.21 is suitable for use with many MySQL server versions,
including 4.1, 5.0, 5.1, 5.4 and 5.5.
It is now available in source and binary form from the Connector/J
download pages at http://dev.mysql.com/downloads/connector/j/5.1.html
and mirror sites as well as Maven-2 repositories.
As always, we recommend that you check the "CHANGES" file in the
download archive to be aware of changes in behavior that might affect
We welcome and appreciate your feedback, bug reports, bug fixes, patches
- Added new built-in authentication plugin
("mysql_clear_password"). It allows C/J based clients to connect to
MySQL accounts which use PAM authentication for example. SSL
connection required for this authentication method. If SSL is not
enabled then authentication which requires "mysql_clear_password"
will lead to an error.
- Fix for Bug#13980303, Auth plugin's confidentiality requirements
are not checked after Auth Switch Request.
- Fix for Bug#64205, Connected through Connector/J 5.1 to MySQL
5.5, the error message is garbled.
- Fix for Bug#37931, Null Pointer Exception Thrown When specifying
invalid character_set_results enc.
- Fix for Bug#36662, TimeUtil.java: MEST mapping n/a.
- Fix a scalability/memory footprint issue where Object.finalize()
was being used on ConnectionImpl to clean up the low-level
network connection to MySQL should a connection be abandoned by the
application before being cleanly close()d. We now track connections
in a phantom reference queue, and have a single thread per-vm clean
these up when the VM notices the connection is no longer referenced
by anything else.
- Added the ability to add new client-side prepared statement parse
info caches by implementing com.mysql.jdbc.CacheAdapterFactory
and telling the driver to use it when "cachePrepStmts=true" via the
"parseInfoCacheFactory" configuration property.
- Implemented JDBC-4.1 methods from Java-7:
- Connection.setSchema(String) - no-op, until we support
database==schema in the driver
- Connection.getSchema() - see above
- Connection.abort(Executor executor)
- Connection.setNetworkTimeout(Executor, int)
- Connection.getNetworkTimeout() throws SQLException;
- CallableStatement.getObject(int, Class<T>)
- CallableStatement.getObject(String, Class<T>)
- DBMD.getPseudoColumns() - returns an empty result set
- DBMD.generatedKeyAlwaysReturned() - always true for MySQL
- ResultSet.getObject(int, Class<T>)
- ResultSet.getObject(String, Class<T>)
On behalf of the MySQL/Oracle Release Engineering and Connector Team
|• MySQL Connector/J 5.1.21 has been released||Hery Ramilison||3 Jul|