List:MySQL and Java« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:ian Stanton Date:October 14 2006 4:34pm
Subject:JDBC and unicode characters
View as plain text
Hi
  I'm having problems getting unicode characters from my MySQL database  into my Java
program.  I'm using the Connector/J driver and MySQL  5.

  I have made some additions to the MySQL my.cnf file which have the  effect of allowing
the unicode characters to display when running  queries in MySQL.

  But when running a query through Connector/J and Java the java output is ? wherever a
unicode character is expected.

  I'm lost as to a solution.

  Does anyone have an idea of how I can fix this?

  I have compiled the Java program with the utf8 character set flag but  this doesn't
help.  I don' t think the problem relates to Java  since I can get normal Java programs
that don't connect to a database  to output unicode characters without issue.  It's
either a MySQL  characterset setting or a Connector/J setting.

JDBC and unicode charactersian Stanton14 Oct
  • Re: JDBC and unicode charactersMartin MC Brown16 Oct
Re: JDBC and unicode charactersAnywhere)19 Oct