List:MySQL and Java« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:<mmatthew Date:May 4 1999 5:16pm
Subject:Re: SQLException Error codes
View as plain text
On Mon, 3 May 1999, David Pellegrini wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> Where is the list of SQLException error codes documented? My search of the online
> manual did not turn up anything.
>
> My specific need is to detect when an insert results in a duplicate for a unique
> key/index. I am accustomed (with Oracle) to examining the SQLException's getErrorCode()
> for such matters, but it is
> returning 0. I suppose I can scan the getMessage() for "Duplicate", but that
> seems like a kludge ...
>
> My config:
> MySQL 3.22.20a
> mm.mysql.jdbc-1.2a
> Blackdown jdk117_v1a
> Red Hat Linux 5.2

If someone can get me the definitive list of ANSI/SQL error codes I can
make my driver more compliant. I've been assembling it bits and pieces
I've found on the net to map some MySQL error codes to ANSI error codes,
but I haven't found a complete list or specification. The only place I've
seen to get the whole list is to pay for it from ANSI which is not an
option for me since I'm developing the driver on my own time and for no
money :).

	-Mark

--
Mark Matthews <mmatthew@stripped>
http://www.ccm.ecn.purdue.edu/~mmatthew/

Thread
SQLException Error codesDavid Pellegrini4 May
  • RE: SQLException Error codesHans Wolters4 May
  • Re: SQLException Error codesmmatthew4 May
    • Re: SQLException Error codesDavid Pellegrini5 May
      • Re: SQLException Error codesHans Wolters5 May
        • Re: SQLException Error codesDavid Pellegrini5 May