List:MySQL and Java« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Mark Matthews Date:April 29 1999 5:06pm
Subject:RE: insert variables
View as plain text

There are two ways to do this. You can do:

	String SQL = "insert into table values ('" + value1 + "')";
	Stmt.executeUpdate(SQL);

or
	PreparedStatement PStmt = Connex.prepareStatement("insert into table values
(?)";
	PStmt.setString(1, "Some Value");
	PStmt.executeUpdate();

Java and JDBC do not do inline variable expansion like some variants of
embedded SQL, or Perl, so you have to use one of the above two methods.

	-Mark

Thread
insert variablesOana Radulescu29 Apr
  • RE: insert variablesMark Matthews29 Apr
  • Re: insert variablesRITESH BISWAS30 Apr
    • Re: insert variablesAmbrose Li30 Apr
      • Re: insert variablesmmatthew30 Apr
      • Re: insert variablesTim Endres30 Apr