List:MySQL and Java« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Michael Widenius Date:February 15 2000 9:06pm
Subject:Re: Bad handshake problem with java and MySQL 3.22.32
View as plain text

>> From: Michael Widenius <monty@stripped>
>> To: java@stripped, mysql@stripped, announce@stripped
>> Subject: Bad handshake problem with java and MySQL 3.22.32
>> Date: Tue, 15 Feb 2000 15:57:20 +0200 (EET)
>>

>> Hi!
>>
>> The protocol security fix in MySQL 3.22.32 caused a bug in the MM
>> driver to show its ugly face:  (I haven't had time to verify if the twz
>> driver has the same problem)
>>
>> For connections where one uses passwords and the passwords is not 8
>> bytes longs, you will get a Bad Handshake error.

Carlos>   i dont know if this 'fix' is currently used by version 3.23.8 because in
Carlos> that way i have developed with MM driver and passwords around 4 chars or
Carlos> less and everything is fine.

No, 3.23.8 doesn't have the fix;  (It will be in 3.23.11 that we are
trying to relase as soon as possible).  On the other hand, the java patch
I posted actually corrects a bug in the mm driver and should be
applied to ensure that you can continue to use it both with earlier
and newer MySQL versions.

Regards,
Monty
Thread
Java Help needed!!RITESH BISWAS22 Apr
  • Re: Java Help needed!!Christian Mack23 Apr
Re: Java Help needed!!Jim Ridenour22 Apr
Re: Bad handshake problem with java and MySQL 3.22.32Carlos Proal15 Feb
  • Re: Bad handshake problem with java and MySQL 3.22.32Michael Widenius16 Feb