List:MySQL and Java« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:James Doucette Date:April 28 1999 8:48pm
Subject:Re: Dial up connection following mysql commands
View as plain text

Thanks for all that helped with the below problem.... I have another one
for you... when I run the applet with appletviewer it performs the insert
very well... but when I open it up in a browser I get the following
error when I want to perform the same insert:

	SQL Exception: java.sql.SQLException: Error during query: null

any comments.....

On Wed, 28 Apr 1999, James Doucette wrote:

> I'm building an applet that accesses a MySQL database running on Solaris
> (Unix)...... The applet is destined to perform an insert entry for a
> database (i.e. form).... when I begin the applet I initialize the
> database connection....  Unfortunately, the database connection doesn't
> seem to be well, connecting.... I'm receiving a message 'Can't connect to
> MySql Server at this machine/port'.... I have implemented the necessary
> code (I'm quite certain).... is there anything else I should be doing on
> the server side to allow a connection for an applet to work...
>
> P.S. it's working for a simple Java Application????

Thread
Dial up connection following mysql commands(Tegos Theodoros)26 Apr
  • Dial up connection following mysql commandsMichael Widenius27 Apr
  • Re: Dial up connection following mysql commandsJanos Koppany27 Apr
    • Re: Dial up connection following mysql commandsCalistra Research Labs28 Apr
      • Re: Dial up connection following mysql commandsJames Doucette28 Apr
        • Re: Dial up connection following mysql commandsMichael Widenius28 Apr
        • Re: Dial up connection following mysql commandsJames Doucette29 Apr
          • Re: Dial up connection following mysql commandsChristian Mack29 Apr
Re: Dial up connection following mysql commandsJim Ridenour28 Apr
Re: Dial up connection following mysql commandsJim Ridenour29 Apr