List:MySQL and Java« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Michael Widenius Date:April 28 1999 7:49pm
Subject:Re: Dial up connection following mysql commands
View as plain text
>>>>> "James" == James Doucette <james@stripped> writes:

James> I'm building an applet that accesses a MySQL database running on Solaris
James> (Unix)...... The applet is destined to perform an insert entry for a
James> database (i.e. form).... when I begin the applet I initialize the
James> database connection....  Unfortunately, the database connection doesn't
James> seem to be well, connecting.... I'm receiving a message 'Can't connect to
James> MySql Server at this machine/port'.... I have implemented the necessary
James> code (I'm quite certain).... is there anything else I should be doing on
James> the server side to allow a connection for an applet to work...

James> P.S. it's working for a simple Java Application????

Do you connect to 'localhost' in both cases?  If not, try change
all host names to 'localhost' and try again.

Regards,
Monty
Thread
Dial up connection following mysql commands(Tegos Theodoros)26 Apr
  • Dial up connection following mysql commandsMichael Widenius27 Apr
  • Re: Dial up connection following mysql commandsJanos Koppany27 Apr
    • Re: Dial up connection following mysql commandsCalistra Research Labs28 Apr
      • Re: Dial up connection following mysql commandsJames Doucette28 Apr
        • Re: Dial up connection following mysql commandsMichael Widenius28 Apr
        • Re: Dial up connection following mysql commandsJames Doucette29 Apr
          • Re: Dial up connection following mysql commandsChristian Mack29 Apr
Re: Dial up connection following mysql commandsJim Ridenour28 Apr
Re: Dial up connection following mysql commandsJim Ridenour29 Apr