List:MySQL and Java« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Jim Ridenour Date:April 28 1999 6:36pm
Subject:Re: Dial up connection following mysql commands
View as plain text
   Are your web server and your database on the same machine?  If not,
that's why it's not working in an applet, but is working in an application.

At 10:26 AM 4/28/99 -0700, James Doucette wrote:

>I'm building an applet that accesses a MySQL database running on Solaris
>(Unix)...... The applet is destined to perform an insert entry for a
>database (i.e. form).... when I begin the applet I initialize the
>database connection....  Unfortunately, the database connection doesn't
>seem to be well, connecting.... I'm receiving a message 'Can't connect to
>MySql Server at this machine/port'.... I have implemented the necessary
>code (I'm quite certain).... is there anything else I should be doing on
>the server side to allow a connection for an applet to work...
>
>P.S. it's working for a simple Java Application????

Dial up connection following mysql commands(Tegos Theodoros)26 Apr
  • Dial up connection following mysql commandsMichael Widenius27 Apr
  • Re: Dial up connection following mysql commandsJanos Koppany27 Apr
    • Re: Dial up connection following mysql commandsCalistra Research Labs28 Apr
      • Re: Dial up connection following mysql commandsJames Doucette28 Apr
        • Re: Dial up connection following mysql commandsMichael Widenius28 Apr
        • Re: Dial up connection following mysql commandsJames Doucette29 Apr
          • Re: Dial up connection following mysql commandsChristian Mack29 Apr
Re: Dial up connection following mysql commandsJim Ridenour28 Apr
Re: Dial up connection following mysql commandsJim Ridenour29 Apr