List:MySQL and Java« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:James Doucette Date:April 28 1999 5:26pm
Subject:Re: Dial up connection following mysql commands
View as plain text

I'm building an applet that accesses a MySQL database running on Solaris
(Unix)...... The applet is destined to perform an insert entry for a
database (i.e. form).... when I begin the applet I initialize the
database connection....  Unfortunately, the database connection doesn't
seem to be well, connecting.... I'm receiving a message 'Can't connect to
MySql Server at this machine/port'.... I have implemented the necessary
code (I'm quite certain).... is there anything else I should be doing on
the server side to allow a connection for an applet to work...

P.S. it's working for a simple Java Application????

Thread
Dial up connection following mysql commands(Tegos Theodoros)26 Apr
  • Dial up connection following mysql commandsMichael Widenius27 Apr
  • Re: Dial up connection following mysql commandsJanos Koppany27 Apr
    • Re: Dial up connection following mysql commandsCalistra Research Labs28 Apr
      • Re: Dial up connection following mysql commandsJames Doucette28 Apr
        • Re: Dial up connection following mysql commandsMichael Widenius28 Apr
        • Re: Dial up connection following mysql commandsJames Doucette29 Apr
          • Re: Dial up connection following mysql commandsChristian Mack29 Apr
Re: Dial up connection following mysql commandsJim Ridenour28 Apr
Re: Dial up connection following mysql commandsJim Ridenour29 Apr