List:MySQL and Java« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Calistra Research Labs Date:April 28 1999 12:23am
Subject:Re: Dial up connection following mysql commands
View as plain text
Well lets hope this means that the problem is fixed on Win 98
then! We have so many problems with 95 when local IP and dial up
are installed.

> we had the same problem on NT and W98 with Java application on LAN. When we
> started our Java application
> it called the name server on the netwotk for name resolution.
>
> When we added "localhost" and our hosts name and IP to the file C:/Windows/hosts
> file (it called different on NT) like this
>

> 127.0.0.1 localhost
> 194.64.138.171  nt nt.intland.com
>

> and it worked then corectly. I read on the emacs FAQ also some workaround about
> this.
>

> Janos

> writes:
> >
> > Tegos> I have downloaded MySQL for win32 and I have installed it on Win 95.
> > Tegos> However after I start the MySQL server, my computer tries to dial up
> > Tegos> to the internet every time I execute a MySQL command. I have found
> > Tegos> a solution in a readme file that says to create a file named 'hosts'
> > Tegos> under the windows directory. I have tried it but it does not work.
> > Tegos> Is there another solution or what could I possibly have done wrong?
> >
> > Tegos> Theodore.
> >
> > Hi!
> >
> > This problem happens on Win95/Win98 (not on NT) as the Microsoft Dialup code
> > always wants to connect to the Internet when you use TCP/IP, even if
> > the TCP/IP is done against your local machine (or a machine on your network).
> >
> > Fix:
> >
> > - Remove automatic dialup for the Internet.
> > - Call Microsoft support and tell them about the above problem.
> >   (If you get a workaround, please mail it to me!)
> >
> > Regards,
> > Monty

Dave Appleton		Calistra Research Labs Pte Ltd
Tel : +65-9-640-2960	111 North Bridge Rd #21-01
Fax : 756-6058		Peninsular Plaza
                        Singapore 179098
Machine Vision Systems  Republic of Singapore
Interactive Voice Response Systems Development
IT Consultants & Custom Software Development
mySQL Database Consultants / Developers
Thread
Dial up connection following mysql commands(Tegos Theodoros)26 Apr
  • Dial up connection following mysql commandsMichael Widenius27 Apr
  • Re: Dial up connection following mysql commandsJanos Koppany27 Apr
    • Re: Dial up connection following mysql commandsCalistra Research Labs28 Apr
      • Re: Dial up connection following mysql commandsJames Doucette28 Apr
        • Re: Dial up connection following mysql commandsMichael Widenius28 Apr
        • Re: Dial up connection following mysql commandsJames Doucette29 Apr
          • Re: Dial up connection following mysql commandsChristian Mack29 Apr
Re: Dial up connection following mysql commandsJim Ridenour28 Apr
Re: Dial up connection following mysql commandsJim Ridenour29 Apr