List:MySQL and Java« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Janos Koppany Date:April 27 1999 2:50am
Subject:Re: Dial up connection following mysql commands
View as plain text
Hi,

we had the same problem on NT and W98 with Java application on LAN. When we
started our Java application
it called the name server on the netwotk for name resolution.

When we added "localhost" and our hosts name and IP to the file C:/Windows/hosts
file (it called different on NT) like this

127.0.0.1 localhost
194.64.138.171  nt nt.intland.com

and it worked then corectly. I read on the emacs FAQ also some workaround about
this.

Janos

Michael Widenius wrote:

> writes:
>
> Tegos> I have downloaded MySQL for win32 and I have installed it on Win 95.
> Tegos> However after I start the MySQL server, my computer tries to dial up
> Tegos> to the internet every time I execute a MySQL command. I have found
> Tegos> a solution in a readme file that says to create a file named 'hosts'
> Tegos> under the windows directory. I have tried it but it does not work.
> Tegos> Is there another solution or what could I possibly have done wrong?
>
> Tegos> Theodore.
>
> Hi!
>
> This problem happens on Win95/Win98 (not on NT) as the Microsoft Dialup code
> always wants to connect to the Internet when you use TCP/IP, even if
> the TCP/IP is done against your local machine (or a machine on your network).
>
> Fix:
>
> - Remove automatic dialup for the Internet.
> - Call Microsoft support and tell them about the above problem.
>   (If you get a workaround, please mail it to me!)
>
> Regards,
> Monty

Dial up connection following mysql commands(Tegos Theodoros)26 Apr
  • Dial up connection following mysql commandsMichael Widenius27 Apr
  • Re: Dial up connection following mysql commandsJanos Koppany27 Apr
    • Re: Dial up connection following mysql commandsCalistra Research Labs28 Apr
      • Re: Dial up connection following mysql commandsJames Doucette28 Apr
        • Re: Dial up connection following mysql commandsMichael Widenius28 Apr
        • Re: Dial up connection following mysql commandsJames Doucette29 Apr
          • Re: Dial up connection following mysql commandsChristian Mack29 Apr
Re: Dial up connection following mysql commandsJim Ridenour28 Apr
Re: Dial up connection following mysql commandsJim Ridenour29 Apr