List:MySQL and Java« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Michael Widenius Date:April 26 1999 9:18am
Subject:Dial up connection following mysql commands
View as plain text
>>>>> "Tegos" == Tegos Theodoros <p3950015@stripped> writes:

Tegos> I have downloaded MySQL for win32 and I have installed it on Win 95.
Tegos> However after I start the MySQL server, my computer tries to dial up
Tegos> to the internet every time I execute a MySQL command. I have found
Tegos> a solution in a readme file that says to create a file named 'hosts'
Tegos> under the windows directory. I have tried it but it does not work.
Tegos> Is there another solution or what could I possibly have done wrong?

Tegos> Theodore.

Hi!

This problem happens on Win95/Win98 (not on NT) as the Microsoft Dialup code
always wants to connect to the Internet when you use TCP/IP, even if
the TCP/IP is done against your local machine (or a machine on your network).

Fix:

- Remove automatic dialup for the Internet.
- Call Microsoft support and tell them about the above problem.
  (If you get a workaround, please mail it to me!)

Regards,
Monty
Thread
Dial up connection following mysql commands(Tegos Theodoros)26 Apr
  • Dial up connection following mysql commandsMichael Widenius27 Apr
  • Re: Dial up connection following mysql commandsJanos Koppany27 Apr
    • Re: Dial up connection following mysql commandsCalistra Research Labs28 Apr
      • Re: Dial up connection following mysql commandsJames Doucette28 Apr
        • Re: Dial up connection following mysql commandsMichael Widenius28 Apr
        • Re: Dial up connection following mysql commandsJames Doucette29 Apr
          • Re: Dial up connection following mysql commandsChristian Mack29 Apr
Re: Dial up connection following mysql commandsJim Ridenour28 Apr
Re: Dial up connection following mysql commandsJim Ridenour29 Apr