List:MySQL and Java« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Jim Ridenour Date:April 23 1999 12:05pm
Subject:Re: mysql & jdbc drivers
View as plain text
   Thanks Harald, you're right.  It does work under jdk 1.2 (2.0).
   For the original question asker here are the .bat files I used to invoke
twz under jdk1.2 (2.0) on a Windows machine.
   First I unzipped twz's .zip package to \jdk1.2\bin .  That means the
twz1 dir sits in the \bin subdir of jdk1.2.  Under it will be the \jdbc and
\noopt dir's.  Following the directions on twz's web page I directed my
test to use the version in the \noopt dir.
   Then I went into \jdk1.2\bin\twz1\jdbc\mysql\test and made the following
two .bat files.  This one invokes the compiler:

javac -classpath c:\jdk1.2\bin\twz1\noopt jdbctest1.java

This one invokes java itself to run the program:

java -classpath c:\jdk1.2\bin\twz1\noopt;. jdbctest1

  Notice the ;. at the end of the classpath.  It won't run without that.
Don't know why.

  Here is the properties file I used:

#debugFile=testdebug
#cacheMode=disk