List:MySQL and Java« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:ADIB MOTIWALA Date:April 11 1999 6:02am
Subject:Re: How to install jdbc for mysql on linux box? (fwd)
View as plain text
Hello all.

ill tell you what i havev been doing so far

1)i have an intranet /lan  in my college
2) there is a linux server (red hat 5.2)
3)apache is my web server
4)my sql is the database serve ron same linux m/c

now my project involves " creating a personsal assistant on the intranet"

like micorosoft outlook for the intranet which wil be platform independent
and also work on the lan/intranet.

i am using java ,+jdbc for development.

CURRENTLY,

i am using exgwe driver and importing exjava.

this works perfectly fine as of now.. from the server itself.
i mean local host.

from the clients i cannot connect to the database.

the problem is i am new to linux , mysql
also i have less time.. i have to complete in 7 days.

the directory  i use and the exgwe driver structure is as below:

/home/httpd/html/svan
		      - *.class  (my apllets)
		      -  *.html
		       - <exgwe>
			   -<sql>
			      - *.class  files of driver
			<exjava>
			    - <sql>
				- *.class files of sql (which i import)

now in this conteext pls tell me if i use MM OR TWZ1 DRIVERS

what is the directory struture where i should install/save the driver
files.

your mail gives me the impression that i dont have  to unzip / uncompress
the files of driver but only place it in a directory and include the
classpath or something.

what exacttyl i have to specify ?

where do i save this class path in a bash profile etc

pls let me know.

i ma desperaTE FOt some help

adib

Thread
Re: How to install jdbc for mysql on linux box? (fwd)ADIB MOTIWALA11 Apr
  • Re: How to install jdbc for mysql on linux box? (fwd)mmatthew12 Apr
  • Re: How to install jdbc for mysql on linux box? (fwd)ADIB MOTIWALA14 Apr
Re: How to install jdbc for mysql on linux box? (fwd)LEFEBVRE Cedric14 Apr