List:MySQL and Java« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Christian Mack Date:April 9 1999 9:01pm
Subject:Re: Could not load class: sun.io.CharToByteISO8859_1
View as plain text
Richard Swift wrote:

> I'm trying to upgrade from an old version of com.mm.mysql jdbc driver to a
> current implementation and have run into a snag. My applet compiles and runs
> just fine using the Solaris 1.1.7 javac/appletviewer combo. However, when I
> try to run the applet using either MSIE or Netscape I get the following
> exception thrown:
>
> java.sql.SQLException: Error during query: ISO8859_1 [Could not load class:
> sun.io.CharToByteISO8859_1]
>
> This occurs with both release 1.0g and 1.1i  using MSIE5.0 and NS 4.5
>
> I've had this applet wunning for a long time now on the older driver and
> nothing else has changed. I made the move because I began to get an
> exception thrown from the most release os MSIE complaining about
> HEADER_LENGTH and saw that this was resolved in a newer release.
>
> Any help would be appreciated,
>
> Richard

Hi Richard

IE and NS only have JDK 1.1.6 implemented, not JDK 1.1.7 this I think is your problem.

Try compiling with 1.1.6 or add the sun.io.CharToByteISO8859_1 stuff to your applet.

Tschau
Christian

Thread
Could not load class: sun.io.CharToByteISO8859_1Richard Swift9 Apr
  • Re: Could not load class: sun.io.CharToByteISO8859_1Christian Mack10 Apr