List:MySQL and Java« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Richard Swift Date:April 9 1999 4:14pm
Subject:Could not load class: sun.io.CharToByteISO8859_1
View as plain text
I'm trying to upgrade from an old version of com.mm.mysql jdbc driver to a
current implementation and have run into a snag. My applet compiles and runs
just fine using the Solaris 1.1.7 javac/appletviewer combo. However, when I
try to run the applet using either MSIE or Netscape I get the following
exception thrown:

java.sql.SQLException: Error during query: ISO8859_1 [Could not load class:
sun.io.CharToByteISO8859_1]

This occurs with both release 1.0g and 1.1i  using MSIE5.0 and NS 4.5

I've had this applet wunning for a long time now on the older driver and
nothing else has changed. I made the move because I began to get an
exception thrown from the most release os MSIE complaining about
HEADER_LENGTH and saw that this was resolved in a newer release.

Any help would be appreciated,

Richard
Thread
Could not load class: sun.io.CharToByteISO8859_1Richard Swift9 Apr
  • Re: Could not load class: sun.io.CharToByteISO8859_1Christian Mack10 Apr