List:MySQL and Java« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Christian Mack Date:September 8 1999 6:52pm
Subject:Re: upate difficulties on mysql database
View as plain text
Duke Martin wrote:

> hi,
>
> i have some java code that communicates with a mysql database. i also use
> javamail.   i retrieve the date from the message in the inbox, place in in
> the "yyyy-MM-dd HH:mm:ss" format and attempt to update the database with
> this value.  The date column on the database is of datetime format, which
> should be the same as i have shown above.  Whenever I try to update the
> database with a new date, the record is not updated.  Why is this?
>
> Duke

Hi Duke

Two possibilities I see here:
a) You don't have UPDATE_Priv for this table.
Solution: Add this mysql priviledge.

b) You didn't enclose the date you give into quotes or double quotes:
Solution: Use something like this:
"\'yyyy-MM-dd HH:mm:ss\'"

Hope this helps.

Tschau
Christian

PS: Sorry for the late answer, I was really busy.

Thread
upate difficulties on mysql databaseDuke Martin24 Aug
  • Re: upate difficulties on mysql databaseChristian Mack8 Sep