List:MySQL and Java« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Christian Mack Date:July 27 1999 9:25am
Subject:Re: getting started ...
View as plain text
fadly@stripped wrote:

> Hi guys,
> Allow me to introduce myself .. first
> My name is Fadly and i'm still as a college student in a school of
> technology in Indonesia ..
>
> I really interested about JDBC and MySQL ..
> Actually i'm a new comer in the world of JDBC and MySQL ... and i feel so
> confused about connecting Java and MySQL, i just don't know where to get any
> manuals or docs which describes how to getting started in JDBC and MySQL ...
>
> can anybody help me to solve my problems ??
>
> PS : I do apologize if this questions have been asked before ... oh .. i almost
>      forgot.. i've already get docs (jdbc.pdf) from www.mysql.com (if i'm not
>      mistake ..) but its too general ...
> --

Hi Fadly

I would suggest to get one of the mysql JDBC drivers (mm or twz).
They both have examples how to connect and query.
Did you read the JDK doc on the java.sql package ?

Also I would suggest to read the mysql manual chapter "6 The MySQL access privilege system
".
Most problems with connecting aren't with JDBC, but with mysql priviledges.

If you get problems while trying, just ask.

Tschau
Christian

Thread
getting started ...fadly24 Jul
  • Re: getting started ...Christian Mack27 Jul