List:MySQL and Java« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Christian Mack Date:July 15 1999 6:09pm
Subject:Re: MM MySQL JDBC driver question
View as plain text
Hi Greg

Why don't you just use getString()?

Tschau
Christian

PS: Sorry for the late answer, I was on vacation.

Greg Zymbaluk wrote:

> I've been using getObject(), but perhaps I should be using getAsciiStream() ?
> Or some other method?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Greg
>
> Christian Mack wrote:
>
> > Greg Zymbaluk wrote:
> > >
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > I'm using the MM JDBC driver to access a MySQL databases. I have a table
> > > that has a field with a type of LONGTEXT. when I do a 'select * from
> > > my_table' query, the data returned in the resultSet for that field is
> > > not the text from that field. Instead it returns something like:
> > > [B@80d39a0  which appears to me to be some kind of pointer to where the
> > > actual data is stored. When I do the same query through the MySQL client
> > > it works fine, returning the correct data for the LONGTEXT field, it's
> > > only when I run the query through JDBC that I get the weird data.
> > >
> > > Does anyone have an idea of why this is happening and how I can fix it?
> > >
> > > Thanks,
> > >
> > > Greg Z.
> >
> > Hi Greg
> >
> > How do you get the field out of the ResultSet?
> >
> > Tschau
> > Christian

Thread
MM MySQL JDBC driver questionGreg Zymbaluk19 Jun
  • Re: MM MySQL JDBC driver questionChristian Mack21 Jun
  • Re: MM MySQL JDBC driver questionGreg Zymbaluk21 Jun
  • Re: MM MySQL JDBC driver questionChristian Mack15 Jul
    • Re: MM MySQL JDBC driver questionMark Matthews15 Jul