List:MySQL and Java« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Christian Mack Date:June 20 1999 9:06pm
Subject:Re: MM MySQL JDBC driver question
View as plain text
Greg Zymbaluk wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm using the MM JDBC driver to access a MySQL databases. I have a table
> that has a field with a type of LONGTEXT. when I do a 'select * from
> my_table' query, the data returned in the resultSet for that field is
> not the text from that field. Instead it returns something like:
> [B@80d39a0  which appears to me to be some kind of pointer to where the
> actual data is stored. When I do the same query through the MySQL client
> it works fine, returning the correct data for the LONGTEXT field, it's
> only when I run the query through JDBC that I get the weird data.
>
> Does anyone have an idea of why this is happening and how I can fix it?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Greg Z.

Hi Greg

How do you get the field out of the ResultSet?

Tschau
Christian

Thread
MM MySQL JDBC driver questionGreg Zymbaluk19 Jun
  • Re: MM MySQL JDBC driver questionChristian Mack21 Jun
  • Re: MM MySQL JDBC driver questionGreg Zymbaluk21 Jun
  • Re: MM MySQL JDBC driver questionChristian Mack15 Jul
    • Re: MM MySQL JDBC driver questionMark Matthews15 Jul