List:MySQL and Java« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Christian Mack Date:June 18 1999 7:56pm
Subject:Re: Java 2 with MM Driver
View as plain text
Atul Ohri wrote:

> Is it possible to use the MM Driver with Java 1.2?  I always seem to get an
> error stating that X class must be declared abstract.  And I also checked the
> specs for 1.1 and for 1.2 and the MM Driver code seemed to match up with 1.1
> only.  Is there any way to use MM with 1.2?
>
> Atul Ohri

Hi Atul

Yes you can use the mm JDBC driver (as I do), as long as you don't use the JDBC 2.0
features.
Just use the java.sql.* package, without using the driver classes directly.

The mm and the twz drivers are both JDBC 1.1.
JDK 1.2 contains JDBC 2.0, so you can't compile these drivers with it.

Tschau
Christian

Thread
Java 2 with MM DriverAtul Ohri18 Jun
Re: Java 2 with MM DriverKazys18 Jun
Re: Java 2 with MM DriverChristian Mack18 Jun
RE: Java 2 with MM DriverAtul Ohri19 Jun
Re: Java 2 with MM DriverChristian Mack21 Jun