List:MySQL and Java« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Hans Wolters Date:June 16 1999 9:43pm
Subject:Re: Newbie applet and mm.mysql question...
View as plain text
Hi Richard,

Just get the unsupported version of Netscape 4.51. Read the install
instructions and it should work. It does here.

Regards Hans

On 16-Jun-99 Richard Cannings wrote:
> Thanks, I tried that without luck but I later realized that the applet
> worked perfectly fine on a windows machine but failed on linux running
> the communicator 4.5 and 4.6 virtual machine. A servlet version worked
> no problem with the blackdown linux jvm. I ended up implementing a
> URLConnection between applet and servlet and had the servlet talk to
> MySQL.
>
> But it still nags me that I can't get an applet in the communicator for
> linux to connect with MySQL. Has anyone tried/succeeded?
>
> Thanks Christian and Cris for you help.
>
> rich
>
>> Hi Richard
>>
>> What I can see, is that you load the mm JDBC-driver multiple times (I've
>> never done this, so perhaps your error comes from that).
>> Also, in a Applet you should load the JDBC driver with:
>>         Class.forName("org.gjt.mm.mysql.Driver").newInstance();
>> or with:
>>         DriverManager.registerDriver( new org.gjt.mm.mysql.Driver() );
>>
>> If this isn't the problem, please send us a stacktrace of the error.
>
> --
> cannings@stripped

              Linux links & CMI8330 (Soundpro) HOWTO
          http://home.gelrevision.nl/~h.wolter/linux.htm
 11:42pm  up 1 day, 14:44,  4 users,  load average: 0.07, 0.04, 0.00
Thread
Newbie applet and mm.mysql question...Richard Cannings14 Jun
  • Re: Newbie applet and mm.mysql question...Christian Mack14 Jun
  • Re: Newbie applet and mm.mysql question...Richard Cannings17 Jun
    • Re: Newbie applet and mm.mysql question...Hans Wolters17 Jun
  • Re: Newbie applet and mm.mysql question...Mark Matthew4 Jul