List:MySQL and Java« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:21st century fox Date:May 31 1999 11:03am
Subject:help writing JDBC driver
View as plain text
Hi,

I am writing a GIS in Java, and I'm working for 4-5 months with twz jdbc driver, which is
by now very satisfying. I am about to test mm's driver in the coming days, and wish in
the medium term to have more control about the connection with the database, for example,
to get some functionalities of the JDBC 2.0 specs, some of which are very interesting for
my purpose. I would also like to play a little bit with the JNDI extension.
Hence, I would need some hints about the fundamentals of JDBC programming and the mySQL
protocol. How do you create a socket to the server to get a connection id, how do you get
the different kinds of data. Where in the JDBC API do you write these initial
statements... I might not want to rewrite a driver entirely, though starting a new one
from scratch until a certain point could be interesting. After that I would sure prefere
to collaborate on someone else's code.

Thanks in advance

candide kemmler

Thread
help writing JDBC driver21st century fox31 May
Re: help writing JDBC driverRobert Lebowitz4 Jun