List:Internals« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Michael Widenius Date:June 19 2001 11:08am
Subject:Re: Is libmysqld/lib_vio.c:vio_read() supposed to work?
View as plain text
Hi!

>>>>> "John" == John Birrell <jb@stripped> writes:

John> On Mon, Jun 18, 2001 at 05:40:56PM +0300, Michael Widenius wrote:
>> The if is right, but there should not be a need to readjust size
>> John, any change of getting me a test case for this?

John> create table messages
John>  msgnum INTEGER AUTO_INCREMENT
John>  usrnum INTEGER
John>  rpynum INTEGER
John>  msgtxt BIGTEXT

John>  PRIMARY KEY (msgnum)

John> Insert more than 1000 rows.

John> With mysql: select * from messages;

John> After about 32 row fetches, the 'Packets out of order'
John> error comes from the server.

John> If you put a debug line in vio_read and vio_write
John> in libmysqld/lib_vio.c, you'll see that the writes
John> are typically about 16Kb (as I recall) and the reads
John> are more like a few Kb.

Ok, you are right;  I was just thinking about client->server packages
where we have one packet per question.  One going server->client
MySQL will pack many rows into one bigger packet.

Tim, can you take a look at this?
John, are you sure that you really need to adjust 'size', as you did
in your patch?

Regards,
Monty
Thread
Is libmysqld/lib_vio.c:vio_read() supposed to work?John Birrell17 Jun
  • Is libmysqld/lib_vio.c:vio_read() supposed to work?Michael Widenius18 Jun
    • Re: Is libmysqld/lib_vio.c:vio_read() supposed to work?John Birrell19 Jun
      • Re: Is libmysqld/lib_vio.c:vio_read() supposed to work?Michael Widenius19 Jun
        • Re: Is libmysqld/lib_vio.c:vio_read() supposed to work?John Birrell19 Jun